cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The "Other" space in Messaging on Webex App

antwilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community! Pictured below is my dilemma. How do users get automatically added to the drop down in the webex app. I thought it was because they had installed the webex app but many of the users in the list do not have the app installed. Some have the app installed and I do not see them here.

2024-04-18_14-04-08.pngAny help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Antaiwan

2 Replies 2

oalegria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Antaiwan,

The others Section on the Messaging is the default section to classify your chats.

All the chats you have (either 1:1 with another user or on a space) will be on the other section unless you create a new one and move it.

When moving the cursor over "Other" you should see a "..." icon, you can see the option to create a new section on this menu.

If you do not see someone on the other section then it is possible that you have not chat with them yet or the last message sent was a long time ago and it was already deleted by the company policy for retention messages.

Best regards,

Omar Alegria

Thanks for your reply but this does not address my question. All but two of the users in this list have I sent messages but that doesn't explain the population of the list.